USB Add Song Troubleshooting:
- What is USB Add Song function?
- What are the requirements to use this feature?
- Which file format is compatible for USB Add Song function?
- Can BM-5000 make my files into karaoke version, so I can toggle between vocal and instruments?
- I tried to add songs via USB drive, but BM-5000 cannot read my drive. Why?
- Can I play/preview my files from USB drive on BM-5000?
- Can I copy my files into BM-5000’s hard drive using Remote control?
- Can I copy my files into BM-5000 with its singer and song name shown and how?
- Where are the song files located at after it is successfully copied?
- What is category?
- How do I know which category to choose?
Answers and Solutions:
1. What is USB Add Song function?
- USB Add Song function allows you to copy your videos, music, and images files into BM-5000’s hard drive. For example, you can create a video for birthday celebration, you can copy into BM-5000 and showcase during the events.
2. What are the requirements to use this feature?
- To copy USB files into BM-5000, you need:
- an empty formatted USB drive (FAT32 or exFAT) – see instruction A
- Put all the songs/ files that you want to copy inside folder: newsong (lowercase)
- BM-5000 KTV system
- Best Media Touch Monitor
- without Touch Monitor, you will not able to copy files into BM-5000
- you can use Remote control to PLAY the files inside of your hard drive though
3. Which file format is compatible for USB Add Song function?
- Music file: support format: VOB, MKV, AVI, MP4, MPEG2, WMV) – Not support MIDI
4. Can BM-5000 make my files into karaoke version, so I can toggle between vocal and instruments?
- No, please note that BM-5000 is a Karaoke player, not a Karaoke generator.
- Your music files have to be Karaoke version (2 audio channels) in order to toggle from vocal to non-vocal in BM-5000.
- If the music is just a MTV (1 audio channel), then it cannot be switch between vocal to non-vocal when you record into BM-5000
- If you want to sing Youtube song in karaoke version, you can use BM-5000’s Smart Youtube, which can make MTV turn to karaoke. You will able to switch between vocal and nonvocal. Even though it may not be the perfect karaoke, you will be able to enjoy the latest songs.
- For Smart Youtube: check out instruction English – 中文
5. I tried to add songs via USB drive, but BM-5000 cannot read my drive. Why?
- Your USB drive has to be formatted to FAT32 before you copy songs into the USB drive.
- Make sure to create a folder: newsong (in lowercase) in the USB drive
- Put all song files into that folder
- – See Section A – Format USB: : – English – 中文
6. Can I play/preview my files from USB drive on BM-5000?
- – Yes, you can play/ preview song files in the USB drive on BM-5000.
7. Can I copy my files into BM-5000’s hard drive using Remote control?
- No, but you can play/preview the files with remote control.
- To copy the files, Touch Monitor is required.
8. Can I copy my files into BM-5000 with its singer and song name shown, and How?
- – Yes, you can rename your files in specific order before copy into USB drive. This will tell the system the song name, singer name, and song type of that specific song.
- Format: Singer -Song name- Language – Category
**Chinese song name: please use “Simplified input” –> so the system can correspond with the correct singer and auto generate Pinyin.
9. Where is the song file located at after it is successfully copied?
- After successfully copied, files can be found at:
- Home > New Song > It should be on the last page
- If file name includes category:
- Home > under the category of that file name
10. What is Category?
- BM-5000 allows you to categorize your song files. After copied, it will organize your song files into that specific category that you name.
- Ex: Idina Menzel-Let It Go-English-Children
- This song will be listed under Language (English) section & Category (Children) section
11. How do I know which category to choose?
- Below are categories that BM-5000 can read. If you make up other category, it will not read.
- Touch Monitor: Home > Category or Home > Hot (pic 1 & 2)