BM-5000 General Question:
B. General Question
- Which version do you have, and what are song languages?
- Does BM-5000 has Vietnamese version?
- What is included in the package?
- Why there is no song book?
- Can I view song list online?
- I do not know Pinyin input, do you have Pinyin to Zhuyin translation chart?
- What language interface does BM-5000 support?
- How do I change Language display (Interface)?
- What if I accidently switch to other language that I don’t understand?
- How do I search song on BM-5000?
- What types of song search method BM-5000 support?
- I still cannot find some of the songs. What should I do?
- Can you email the song list to me
- How do I set up Wifi?
- Do I need to update firmware?
C. Web App
- Do I need to connect Wifi to control BM-5000 using Web App?
- What are Wifi setup option?
- Why Web App doesn’t connect to my BM-5000?
D. Cloud Download
- How to use Cloud Download and how to setup?
- Cloud Download free? or there is a fee?
- Is there limitation of certain songs that I can download?
- I can’t find my answer for Free Cloud Download, what should I do?
E. Add Song Service & USB Record Song Questions
- What are update song options for BM-5000?
- Where to find more information about Add Song Service?
- How can I add songs that I have into BM-5000?
- What are the file format for USB Add Song?
- I tried to add songs via USB drive, but BM-5000 cannot read my drive. Why?
F. Recording Function
- Can I record my own voice with the background music? How?
- Why does it require Touch Monitor for Recording my voice?
- Why I cannot hear my singing after recorded my song?
- My exported music files only contain my voice and background music. There is no video. Why?
- There is video when I replay my record, but no video shows after I download the record and replay it from USB drive. Why?
A. BM-5000 Feature:
- More than 100K songs (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese, etc) with 8TB built in HDD (Chinese version).
- HDD is removable for larger storage in the future
- Smart Youtube: able to remove singer’s voice from any songs on Youtube. (switch Vocal/Non-vocal)
- Support Web App (iOS/Android) to search songs & download Cloud songs.
- Cloud server: unlimited download (Free first year after purchased)
- Easy friendly usage, with simple interface
- Support BM Touch Monitor (19″ or 22″) – optional
- Record songs into BM-5000 with USB
- Record your voice into BM-5000 and export to USB drive (Touch Monitor is required)
B. General Questions:
1. Which version do you have, and what are song languages?
- For BM-5000 Chinese version (8TB): Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese, Korean, English, and Japanese (with updated Chinese songs)
2. Does BM-5000 has Vietnamese version?
– Chinese (8TB) version does not include Vietnamese songs. It has the latest updated Chinese songs and Singing contest songs. Customers can download songs from Cloud server.
|Chinese – 8TB –|
|– Chinese – up to date song||x|
|– Vietnamese – up to date song||Cloud|
|Free Cloud download||Free 1 year*|
|Supported Web APP||iOS / Android|
|BM-Touch Monitor compatible||x|
3. What is included in the package?
- – 1 x BM-5000 KTV player with Built in HDD (8TB)
- – 1 x BM-5000 remote control (same remote as BM-4000)
- – Accessories: power cable, HDMI cable, RCA cable, and Antenna (for WIFI)
- – Instruction guide
4. Why there is no song book?
- Due to large song library, song books take longer time to create and print. There will be no song book for this model.
5. Can I view song list online?
- Yes, you can view Korean, Japanese, and New Song List here
6. I do not know Pinyin input, do you have Pinyin to Zhuyin translation chart?
- Yes, please see link for the chart here
- On Google: type “chinese character (song name)” and “pinyin”. You can find the pinyin for that song name. Only input the first letter of each word.
7. What language interface does BM-5000 support?
- You can toggle between Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, English, and Vietnamese.
8. How do I change Language display (Interface)?
- Remote control: Press [System] button > PW: 888888 > choose “Other Setting” > “Language” > choose desire language
- On Web App: Home > tap on [Globe icon] on top left > select language > tap arrow key (top left corner) back to home page.
- On Touch Monitor: Home > tap “Language” (Globe icon) on top right > select your language.
9. What if I accidentally switch to other language that I don’t understand?
10. How do I search song on BM-5000?
11. What types of song search method BM-5000 support?
- – By Spelling/Pinyin: – enter the first Pinyin letter of each word/ enter first letter of each English words
- – By Menu: – use remote control to navigate Singer/ Song name
- – By Hand writing: – use Touch Monitor to input hand write / use Web App to input hand write
12. I still cannot find some of the songs. What should I do?
- Email/ Text us the song name, we will look into our library for you and let you know. If it is not in our HDD and Cloud, we will send the list to our song collecting department.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text to: 909-978-7784
13. Can you email the song list to me?
- Due to the large library, the file size cannot successfully get through email.
- But we can email Korean/ Japanese song list, because it is harder to search with remote control. Just email us.
14. How do I set up Wifi?
15. Do I need to update firmware?
- We suggest to update to the latest firmware for better performance
- Firmware instruction here: English – 中文
C. Web App
1. Do I need to connect WIFI to control BM-5000 using Web App?
- Yes, without WIFI you cannot connect your App to BM-5000.
- You also can connect to BM-5000 using LAN wired connection
- Instruction here: English – 中文
2. What are WIFI setup option?
a). Setup via WIFI mode – search WIFI network, and input password – see Method 1
b). Setup Router mode – via LAN/Hotspot – see Method 2
- Require to hook up CAT5 cable to your BM-5000 & Router. This is great option if your machine is settled on one place for a long time, and Router is closer to BM-5000. The network will be more stable and less likely to disconnect.
3. Why Web App doesn’t connect to my BM-5000?
Try below steps
a) Check if you connect the WIFI Antenna (included) to BM5000
b) Check for your WIFI connection: both the Web App & BM-5000 WIFI setting has to be connected to the SAME network.
- – To verify BM-5000 WIFI network: Press “System” > PW: 888888 > “Network Setup” > See the network is connected. If not, select the network and connect.
- – To verify BM-5000 WIFI network with Touch Monitor (optional): see [WIFI] icon on top right. If connected, icon is blue, if not connected, icon has white color.
c) If you are connecting your CAT5 from router to BM-5000, make sure you follow Method 2 (via LAN) closely.
d) Turn off, restart BM-5000, and reconnect Web App
**Due to large song library on Cloud, please give it a few minutes to sync with our Cloud server after machine restarts.
D. Cloud Download
1. How to use Cloud Download and how to setup?
– Required: BM-5000, Serial number (to activate Cloud account), WIFI connection, latest firmware, and Best Media APP/Touch Monitor.
- Setup Wifi connection: – English – 中文
- Activated Cloud Account: view instruction here
- Download Cloud songs on Web App: – English – 中文
- View and Download Cloud songs with Touch Monitor (optional): – English
2. Cloud Download free? or there is a fee?
- – Every New BM-5000 has 1 Year Free Cloud Download. User needs to register to activate his or her account within 30 days of purchase. If user registers late, the start day will counts from the 31 days of purchase. (Receipt is required)
- Currently our Cloud is in the process of synching both BM-4000 & BM-5000. Therefore, some songs cannot be download. However, we will not count toward your Free 1 Year Download service. When our Cloud completes the update, we will notify every one and start the Free Cloud Download from that date.
- – After 1 year of Free Cloud service, user can choose to purchase Cloud subscription: $95/year. Subscription will not auto renew, user has to renew by contact us.
3. Is there limitation of certain songs that I can download?
- – There is no limitation of amount of downloaded songs, quarters to download.
- – Song is completed download one by one, but you can choose a list of songs and let it complete by itself.
4. I can’t find my answer for Free Cloud Download, what should I do?
- – Free Cloud Download question and answers：– English – 中文
- – If you cannot find the answer, please email us at email@example.com. We are prompted to serve you.
E. Add Song Service & USB Add Song Question
1. What are update song options for BM-5000?
- Plan A – HDD Add Song – section A
- Plan B – Cloud Download – section B
- Plan C – HDD Add Song + Cloud Download Combo
- Plan D – USB Add Song – section C
– If you are not sure which service to choose, please use our Interactive Add Song Guide to help you learn & choose your best fit service. This is educational guide, no personal information collected.
2. Where to find more information about Add Song Service?
3. How can I add songs that I have into BM-5000?
4. What are the file format for USB Add Song?
- – MP3, MP4, MKV, VOB, MPEG
5. I tried to add songs via USB drive, but BM-5000 cannot read my drive. Why?
- – Your USB drive has to be formatted to FAT32 before you copy songs into the USB drive.
- – See Section A – Format USB: : – English – 中文
F. Recording Function:
1. Can I record my own voice with the background music? How?
- Yes, you can record your voice with background music into USB drive.
- Required: BM-5000, BM Touch Monitor, Microphone, Mixer & Amplifier, and Speakers.
- Follow Section A for Record Setup: – English – 中文
- Instruction to Record with Touch Monitor: – English – 中文
2. Why does it require Touch Monitor for Recording my voice?
- – Only Touch Monitor has the recording interface. Because Touch Monitor is wired connected to BM-5000, the recording software will be more stable. In addition, It is not likely to have the recording file corrupted, except there is sudden power disconnected from BM-5000.
3. Why I cannot hear my singing after recorded my song?
– There are several factors:
- a) make sure you hook an RCA cable from BM-5000 “Recording In” to your Amplifier/Mixer “Record Out/Mix Out”. This is to record your voice
- b) make sure you plug your microphone to Mic Rec 1 or Mic Rec 2 on the back of BM-5000. This ensures your voice is inputted into the machine.
4. My exported music files only contain my voice and background music. There is no video. Why?
- – Song will be saved as MP3 and WMN format (only your voice and background music). No video is recorded due to video license issue.
5. There is video when I replay my record, but no video shows after I download the record and replay it from USB drive. Why?
– After recorded, the system will generate data for recorded song. When you replay the recorded song on Touch Monitor by tap “Listen”, you can hear your singing on the original music video. The reason is BM-5000 has the data link between the original files and your recorded file.
– When you download it into the USB, song is only be saved as MP3/ WMN. No video is recorded. So when you replay from your USB drive, machine does not has any data to link to the original video source. Thus, TV only shows black screen.